Dear Sisters in the League,
It is my pleasure to invite you to our 99th Annual Diocesan Convention at the Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Center, May 24-26. The convention committee is busy planning and is anxious to host the ladies of the Hamilton Diocese.
This is our Annual General meeting, and as the Constitution and Bylaw mandates, it is vital that parish presidents attend this meeting to represent their council. I encourage you to bring as many of your sister executive and general members with you to experience the convention.
I also encourage you to invite your Spiritual Advisors to their meeting on Friday afternoon, join us for dinner later, then concelebrate the Opening Mass at the Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate. Spiritual Advisors are also invited to our Closing Mass and banquet.
Several things to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your council’s membership fees are paid to National Office prior to registering for the convention.
- By the CWL Constitution & Bylaws, each council is required to have one voting delegate at convention.
- Each council is also encouraged to have two accredited delegates at each convention in addition to the voting delegate.
- Friday is our day to show support of our sisters in the CWL Military Ordinariate and the military in general. To honor them, please wear something RED that day.
- We request your cooperation in maintaining a scent-aware convention. Scents can cause irritation of the eyes, throat and nose for some individuals with allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Convention is a time of joy; a time to meet with members from our Diocese; a time to enjoy some down time and be rejuvenated. Our spiritual time together gives us a focus on Jesus Christ, who is at the heart of our faith.
Remember Faith, Fun and FULFILLMENT! We will be capturing all three of these over the course of the weekend. Our Faith throughout the weekend through our liturgies and prayer service; FUN on Saturday night and meeting up with old friends; and FULFILLMENT in the heart and soul of learning about the League.
Come join us — and bring along a member who has not yet had the pleasure of attending a diocesan convention.
May Our Lady of Good Counsel guide us in all we do for God, Canada and the Catholic Women’s League!
Hamilton Diocesan President